Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Diet Soda=Death

Losing Weight after 45 is a Bitch: Yet Another Reason to Avoid Diet Soda: "In addition to being a chemical laden brew with no nutritional value, new studies show that diet soda drinkers are at a higher risk for str..."

>>>>><<<<<

I found this blog post while bunny trailing around blogs. I uncomfortably laughed at the cartoon because that is so me! Not only do I get one soda but sometimes a refill and then a refill on the way out. Am I nuts? And it is diet of course, be it Pepsi or Coke. Always diet.

This report has brought diet soda into the fore front of the consumer's minds. We have all heard the evils of artificial sweetners, one says they are harmless (usually the manufactorer) and others actually have health issues caused by them. I haven't any health issues from the sweetners, mine come from the overdosing of caffine. Because I drink coffee in the AM (1/2 caff) and then six 28-ounce bottles of Diet pepsi through the rest of the day what do I expect? For me coffee jitters and soda jitters are two different things. Coffee makes me ill and shaky if I drink too much. Soda makes me feel I have gut rot but that is because I then don't eat.

But I do notice I am always feeling that way. Gut rot, eat something, anything. Drink more, gut rot, eat more, even if it is just a slice of bread.

I wondered if diet soda made me eat more. So I quit it for Lent one year and didn't lose any weight. So much for that. Did I feel better? You betcha! But somehow, somewhere the stuff got its dark fizzy claw back into my life.

A lot of television programs talking of diet and health say "cut out the soda." meaning the sugar ladened stuff. They never mention diet soda. What of those of us who are 100# over and haven't any sugar soda or juices etc. to cut out? I drink diet soda, coffee, black and water. That is it. So every calorie is coming through as food.

No comments:

Post a Comment