Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Freebie Class/Demo

OMG, I have no photos of me in my bellydance outfit but this one that I photoshopped.  This was my practice outfit.  Cute, huh?  Probably look even worse now :). 

Class was interesting to say the least.  Too many people showed up, over 40 in a space that is meant to hold 15.  Their "studio" kinda' sucks, long, narrow, dark, windowless, no air whatsoever.  They opened the door to the outside to try and let some air in.  Music was an MP3 player and speakers on a desk. Now I realize this place is still under construction (but has been around a few years already) but it is like they decided "hey, we can make some money holding classes here" and just used the storage space.  The lobby is almost bigger and certainly more inviting.

That and it is carpeted. I am guessing there is a cement slab underneath as it was hard.  Not good for joints, esp. us older folks. They hold zumba classes in there.  I just cannot imagine that.  Makes for a bit of tripping and stumbling. Wood is much better.

Someone brought coffee and kindly knocked it onto my coat so I couldn't wear it home last night.  20 degreees, 30mph winds. Good thing I carry another in my car for my job.

The place just doesn't have good energy and to me that was surprising for a place that is promoting massage, wellness and fitness.  But hey, I only know what I feel.

Ok, so the instructor is this cute little uber upbeat squeaky voiced "cool beans" kinda' gal.  She is very cute and funny.  I do feel she tried to squeeze too much in for 40+ beginners but it was all in fun.  I could comment a lot more on this but will not at this time.  Being a demo and freebie makes it a whole 'nother animal. 

We never did get a demo out of her.  Instead a link to her totally in a need for updating website (don't click on links, all dead) to some videos.

After class she gave us all her business card and said classes start in two weeks if we were interested.  So as the swarm descended onto the front desk I made sure my keys and phone weren't affected by spilled coffee, got a glass of water, read materials on the wall and waited for the crowd to thin out.  I overheard the one guy in the place say class limit is 15 and someone else say "waiting list" so I figured ok, I'll go get put on the waiting list and then I can think about it.

So I go up and turns out after all that the class was NOT full.  So guess who is doing 6 weeks bellydance with Ms. Uber Squeak Cool Beans in a dungeon?  LOL.  Yup, that would be ME!

Ok, I am being a bit glib here and really, I do think in a less hectic situation it will be better.  This gal teaches elsewhere so she must be ok. We'll find out though, starting March 4.

Meanwhile I looked up my original teacher and her classes started last week too.  I think I will get through these and then go back to her since the weather by then should be better for the travel distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment