Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just Some [ranting] Thinking

Good morning.  I hope you all had a successful Valentine's Day.  We don't do anything, hubby thinks it is just another way for "the system" to suck your dollars so VD is ignored here, as are all holidays.  After 21 years of that I have finally given up too.

I am just out of it today.  I worked yesterday and it is a long hard physically and mentally challenging day.  I am always feeling a bit "whippy" the day after.  Sucks to put it mildly.  Turns out I am working tomorrow too.

After church on Sunday I bought a new scale and tape measurer so I did my "official" stats this morning. Up 2# from yesterday, as it always seems to go. I probably shouldn't be a daily weigher as I fluctuate so much.

Question for you all.  How do you measure your bust?  I am guessing with a bra on esp. since after breastfeeding and 100# the girls ain't where they belong anymore :(.  I put on an athletic bra and they kinda' squish them down. Should I just use this bra for every measuring or ???

Tonight is my WW meeting.  I am going.  I hate to drive all that way but that is how it is.  I need to find my stuff.  You know, the book and stuff.  I haven't even looked at it and don't know where I put it. That and my card. Gotta' find that too.  It came last week.  I am so disorganized.

I think I have the mind of a teenage boy but instead of thinking of sex every 7 seconds for me it is food.  I was in the bathroom and suddenly food popped into my mind!  What the???  It is like all I think about now that I am somewhat paying attention.  What can I eat?  What is in the house?  What time is it so I can eat? Jeepers!  And inbetween?  Food food food!  Looking at food, recipes.  Thinking what should I cook. 

It is everywhere.  Case in point, my lastest issue of Ladies Home Journal (mind you I HATE THIS MAGAZINE, never subscribed to it.  No, I used to get a fat magazine about plus sized women, clothing, lifestyle etc.  "Figure" I think was the name.  Loved it but it went under and THIS DRIVEL is what they substituted it with.  And to top it off I have cancelled it twice and it just keeps coming.  I don't even look at them, toss them right into the trash.  I see I get one more issue and it expires, thank GOD!).  But let us scrutanise the cover of this one, shall we?

On the cover, Rachel Ray.  What comes to mind?  For me?  Food. 

5 examples of articles inside that are on the cover...

Organize your kitchen (food)
Get-real guide to romance (too fat for that...usually involves food and bodies)
The heart health danger (greasy food)
Prettiest clothes for spring (size 10 and under need only apply, size 22 ain't pretty)
Easiest dinners from top tv chefs (FOOD)

Or the supermarket.  "lose your belly fat" and a huge lucious chocolate cake on the front.

Inside they say you aren't pretty enough, young enough, active enough, organized enough, healthy enough, sane enough, centered enough, rich enough, clean enough, giving enough, loving enough, sexy enough and the list goes on and on.

So I google full figure magazine and come across Just as Beautiful for sizes 14-20.  When I was 140# and people thought I was anorexic I was a 14 so what does that say?

I apologize if you are a LHJ reader and like it.  This is just my opinon and I am glad you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment