Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shamrock Shuffle

Gads I am feeling kinda' lousy.  Not sick but my period is "readjusting" herself again and I am 8 days late and feeling it!  I am teetering on the precipice called "50" and so all that BS too.  Other than crazy manic anxiety ridden angry psycho I'm going to drive away and never look back, maybe if I turn the wheel a little to the right I'll go off that bridge, so far the transitioning hasn't been all that bad.  You know, the dreaded hot flashes which you'd think was the only symptom?  And irregularity?  Not here.  I never ever had any of these issues.  No, just the other you don't hear about except when the word "hysterical" comes up.

I never lived by the rules, why start now?

Anyway, today is the Shamrock Shuffle and if I am going to go I need to get my bootie moving.  We had freezing rain and snow last night and now we add to that 27 degrees and 30mph winds.  I am hesitating.  The majority of it is along the river which will be nice and perhaps protected.

Husband made his usual Saturday morning fare so I said let's sit down and break this down.  We did and it came out to 16 points for me.  That leaves me with 22 for the rest of the day.  His solution is to use real cheese rather than process, LOL.  I said well for me leave the cheese and butter and hashbrown out and then I have more to work with.  He claims he'd starve.  I said no, you can still eat all the fruit and veggies you can STAND!  You would not starve.  I am not starving unless I am emotionally starved.  Or PMSing which I am getting an extra special dose of this month!  Yay!

Click to see runners going over the bridge!  Eau Claire, WI Shamrock Shuffle.
Later.  Ok, you can see I went.  I asked myself if I was making excuses and decided I was so I went.  Turns out it is 3.5 miles, not a true 5K.  Doesn't seem like much more but I would have been fine at 5K.  I got a blister on my foot, ugh, but I will survive.  That last bit was a bit too much for me though.  I need to get out more if I am going to do these things.  Anyway, I wasn't the last in (though it wasn't a timed event for walkers they did have a clock out) for the first time ever.  My time was 1 hour 13 minutes.  I forced myself to slow down at the end as it was uphill and I had my heart monitor on and it was pretty up there for most the time.  I am surprised I did it though. 

They didn't have XL shirts but did have a L so I took it.  It is tight but I will get into it, LOL.  Not restrictive tight but too tight to just wear around. 

So yay, I did it!  See how I feel tomorrow!

Belly dance class last night was a lot of fun.  We are learning a new routine which includes a lot of lotus pose (which is like a sumo wrestler's starting pose and incorporating arms which I like.  It is SO HARD but I feel very good when I come out.  I wish the room was better, better lit, better ventilated, not so dark, wider rather than just long and MIRRORS!  Mirrors make a huge difference!  But I am happy to report that I still have it when it comes to neck and rib slides, LOL.

I didn't look at clothes today.  My feet said eh, another day.  Instead I went to Borders and got three books, Complete Book of Women's Running and No Need for Speed, A Beginners Guide to the Joy of Running (a bit humorous which is what I love) and to round it out, Culinaria Germany, LOL.It was ten dollars and is huge and full of photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment