Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thank You Everyone!

First off, a huge shout out to all my weight-loss peeps! Here is a huge virtual (((hug)))!!

Tonight is weigh-in. Wish me luck :).

This past weeks challenges included eating out away from home and dealing with a food pusher/unsupportive partner. Both I had success and failure with. The biggest difference was my mindset. In the past I would have just "celebrated" and let loose on what I wanted when out on my own, which I did on the way home and that backfired on me according to my gut. So, next time I may just not let my imagination of yummy not good for me stuff be so tempting.

As for the situation at home that has been a battle for years and is not going to change so I need to adjust myself. It is getting easier for me because in the past few years, with my children now adults and not needing me so much when it comes to meals I have been adjusting and even quit cooking for awhile because it was going to waste. I now have husband semi-trained to not expect meals so now I can start cooking to fit my preferences and needs. I personally am not a big meat fan (well, except for those damn Culver butterburgers...) so now I can shut my mind off to the typical American male fare of "lump o carcass" and potatoes. After 22 years of trying to create the latest "lump o carcass" he can now make his own and I can have what I want...a nice piece of salmon, chicken breast my way, poached cod, tofu and miso with rice noodles and spring onions. Yes, still meat but not "man" meat. My husband balks at these things, refusing to eat it. Well now rather than being offended I am free to create these without guilt!

As other's in my position have stated (and I suspect we are not alone), they wished their loved ones would take care of themselves better. I do too. I am so tired of the junk food route. My body and mind are craving real food, the process of growing it, making it, eating it, sharing it. Perhaps I can lead by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment