Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday Morning Ramble

The insoles are not going to help my foot totally, at least immediately.  So I got some tape.  See if that works.  Took an Aleve, put some  Arniflora Arnica Gel on it last night and all was good.  It's not horrible, just "there", a dull ache.  Feels better if I walk on it.  So I'll try a few more things and if they don't work will seriously check into getting it looked at.  With being "insurance free" that is a big investment so I will try other things first.

Feels fine this AM.  So perhaps I am rushing to judgement too soon.

Yesterday when I stopped to pick up groceries I dug around in the bike area.  I want to get my bike on the road again, do something different besides walking. I get bored real fast with walking out here and once the ticks are out my options shrivel down to road only which we have very few of!  So my choices are the same section of road or travel to another area by car.  So I splurged and got a meter for my bike and a little bag for the bars.  I haven't hardly ridden the old thing but to the mailbox and back last year.  Lazy.  I will pull her out and maybe Benjamin too (my 1978 Schwinn Continental II road bike) and get my fat butt on the post of a seat.

Can anyone else hear it now?  Queen's Bicycle Race?

Bicycle races are coming your way
So forget all your duties oh yeah
Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today

So look out for those beauties oh yeah
On your marks get set go
Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race


 
Okay, here is something fun.  Go to http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/, put in the area you want to track and see what your walking/biking/running path milage is!  I did my road and driveway and it came out to 1.8 miles!  Whodathunk?  My road is a half mile long so doing it twice plus my driveway twice and voila!  There you have it.  How cool is that?  I just guessitmated a mile and maybe 1/4.

So now once I get beyond my road it shouldn't be too difficult as our roads are blocked out by the mile but still, this was a surprise so who knows were more lurk.  Plus if I travel somewhere else I can figure that one out!

I also got a pack of those shiny stars to put on my calendar when I exercise.  I think that will motivate me somewhat.

Today is the last day to sign up for the 2 mile walk.  I am debating whether to sign up for the walk or to volunteer to help with it.  The ITC is sponsoring it.  Tonight is the meeting.  I wish it wasn't over an hour away!  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment