Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WW Walk-It, Post 2

Our leader said what they do is a 5K at her house then a potluck after.  They have done this the past two years.  That sounds ok.  I haven't really bonded with anyone at the meetings at all, I feel like an outsider really.  Our leader is fine but her energy and mine clash somewhat.  I am sure it is me but it is how it is at this point.  If it came about I would most likely go.  I would personally like to meet others though, someone my own age (this rural area, the population is much older than I am.  My "friend" at the meeting is 76, bless her heart!) and someone who likes a little adventure.  I haven't found it here and so I feel quite alone.  But again, that might be my perspective and I just need to be more outward in finding out what others do.  They all seem to have buddies there already.  It takes time.

So I don't know.  Our leader wants to have two of these this year, at her house.  They'll discuss it next week.  This year's WW date is too close to the local cancer walk which is two days earlier or later.  So that would be out.

What is your group doing?  Are any of you near a city that is having this?  I'd really like to go to a city to do it, like Minneapolis, but that is a 2 hour plus drive.  So local is better than nothing.  Or do you not care?

No comments:

Post a Comment