Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Snowy Walkabout

 Ok,so I didn't do nothing today.  I strapped on my snowshoes on and took a walk around the farm.  The snow was perfect for the snowshoes.  Where normally I would be falling knee or thigh deep in snow I floated across the top.  Wonderful.  These 'shoes were the biggest I could find in my price range, are made to hold up to 260#.  Yes, even snowshoes have limits.  I have had them for 8 years though and they held up.  My dream is to do the Perkinstown snowshoe race.  Someday...



Me in my snowshoes
 I went around to check all the water tanks.  First stop was my horse tank.  The herd had already come and gone but here comes bachelor Jack who is kicked out of the herd by his father.  Jack pals with a little pony gelding named Striker.  Striker, being of hardy Shetland stock, rarely comes to the water tank in winter, prefering to just eat snow.  So Jack is on his own.


Jack
As I went to check my fillys' tank my eldest son came on by, giving Tex the dog a ride on the snowmobile.  That darn dog, he rides snowmobiles, motorcycles, golf  cart.  He's a crazy dog.


You can see my filthy mail car in the background, LOL.  Yes, I agree, she is a bit dirty...

Anyway, last but not least are the Cud Queens...



1 comment: