Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Clementines and Dress Dilemma

I couldn't resist the sale on them again. And these are twice as sweet as the last box! OMG, so yummy!!! I must thank my co-worker Roxie for turning me onto these! I never had one before and gosh, why not?

Today is the day! Das Bier Haus! To say I am excited is an understatement! I hauled out some older jeans I haven't worn in a good year (fancier type, says makes one look thinner...yah, whatever) and my zebra print top I got on clearance at, of all places, Farm and Fleet. I have never worn it. I wish I had a bright colored necklace to go with it but alas, I never was a girly girl so am lacking any sort of sophistication.

My brother replied to my email about a dress code for his wedding. He says there isn't any so my husband doesn't need to pull out his best like he did for our Dad's funeral. Backstory on that. I went home with my sister a day early so hubby was on his own to come up for the day. My mom said don't dress up (it was a memorial service as he had died 4 months earlier) so I told hubby to just be neat and clean. He said he'd even trim his beard.

Well, what showed up made me mortified! Stained jeans, face still a foot long with a beard and to top it off, a HOLEY shirt! I just couldn't believe it. I poked my finger through the hole on his belly and said "geez, couldn't do any better than this?" It still upsets me to think about it. It's like he fell of the turnip truck at the cemetary entrance, rothflmfao!

Anyway, the point is this. I think I am going to try and find a dress or a skirt and top. I am so doggone hard to fit as I have long arms and legs, wide shoulders. But I would like to look nicer than just jeans or even a pant suit which I am not a fan of.

My choices for places to go besides the obvious like Walmart, Kmart, Shopko, Penneys, Kohls where they don't think fat people want nice clothes, I also have the Fashion Bug plus and a Lane Bryant. Where would YOU go? I need to make the trip(s) count as I am an hour drive from any city with these stores. And if I found a couple things would you guys be willing to help me choose which one if I have trouble? I'd post pix and you can help me. Would be sorta' fun since I don't have any girlfriends really who have the time for this sort of thing and I don't really trust the sales people to give me an honest opinion. My biggest dilemma is my belly. It seems to show in everything :(.

Oh, and BTW, scrubbing bathroom does give you activity points! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment