Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Will I see a Robin today?  Perhaps. Usually I do by today.  Rumors are they are south of us but none here yet that I have seen.  Maybe today.  It is to be nearly 50!

I skipped meeting this week.  I had been in town earlier but it is so small there is no place to wile away three hour before the meeting unless one wants to eat.  And I just couldn't justify driving the half hour back for meeting.  So no official weigh-in this week.

I have been very off too.  It is like I just can't get with the program.  I don't know if it is the weather, working the one day (and having two other post offices calling me this week to cover for them), my body being beat from the Shuffle, the calf problems (more on that in a minute), time change or what.  I am just totally out of it!  After a month of being focused and feeling good about it I just am in a slump.

The bathtub calf is still alive.  She is back on her mother but I checked on her and I think her mother is dry (no milk).  She's always been a good cow so why no milk is beyond me.  So husband (they are his project) is bottle feeding it and  we are watching and hoping all the working over that calf is giving her mom that milk will come in.  Cows are born trying to die.  It is frustrating.

Anyway, she was in the bathtub because it was frigid outside the day she was born and she wasn't regulating her own temperature.  Husband thought her last year's calf (he didn't get her weaned off...live and learn) sucked Connie (mama) dry of the colostrum so we also had to find, buy and feed the calf colostrum.  It made for a really long Sunday for me, LOL as I was the one driving all over creation to get the colostrum.  Anyway, calf looks good, is up and working up though she still looks like a newborn.  She has a sibling born a few hour later with no issues and that one looks older already.

Here are some pix...


Bathtub calf.  Good thing I scrubbed all that tile!

Bathtub calf working it.  Too bad mama ain't cooperating!

Second 2011 calf, doing it right.
My exercise yesterday was walking a section of fence several times in knee deep snow.  Nope, not smart enough to take the snowshoes figuring really, what could possibly be wrong with the fence?  Well, how about broken wires from deer, broken fence insulators, lines buried under 3' of snow and ice?  1 1/2 hour later I was roasting to death, legs soaked and hurting despite knee high boots I still haven't found where it is shorting out.  And every day it is warm is a day everyone gets a lot more frisky and stupid.  So it needs to be done NOW!

Ok, so big plans for working on ME today is tonight there is a track club program being put on at the Borders book store at 7pm.  7pm is really late for me because I have the hour drive back then BUT it is on foot and ankle injuries and preventing them.  Then the speaker, a podiatrist, will evaluate our feet!  Yes!  I am kicking myself for spring cleaning two weeks ago as I threw out all my old shoes and really, they would have been good to see a wear pattern.  I never throw anything out.  You know how it goes.  Anywho, my feet feel back to normal but for a dull ache where I have been having issues.  I am glad for that because it will be easier to point it out.  So I do need to scrub my tooties before I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment