Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Later

I swear I heard a Robin but I haven't seen it.

Got my hour of fighting snow in while walking more fence.  I took the snowshoes along though and that made a world of difference!  Had to dig a whole bottom line out of the snow that was plowed on top of it. A ceramic fence insulator is broken off a post so I'll have to get another and replace it.  Meanwhile I wound the line up onto the line above it for now to keep it off the ground.  I've got 2.2k volts on the line now which is better than the .06 I was getting.  It is a start.  What I need is my fencer back from husband which is large enough to handle the amount of line I have.  I was sick of loose cows though and since he didn't want to be bothered with the fence I put my high powered one on so even if the wires are draining somewhere there is till 5-6k on the line to keep those boneheads in.  But with spring on its way he is going to have to get his own so I can have mine back.

Well, now it is blowing rain, looks like sheets of rain which is kicking up a ground fog.  Ugh.  Do I want to drive an hour in the dark in a fog?????  ARGH!!

1 comment:

  1. One year at the farm it had snowed so bad, then rained and everything was frozen, the snow was up over the fences....the crazy cows could just walk right over top...that was a crazy spring for my Dad. keep moving, means keep losing. be well.

    ReplyDelete