Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Introducing Ganeshini!


Click to enlarge
Ok, you really don't need an introduction to her because she is me! LOL. I have been thinking on the lumbering elephant theme so I decided to Google what elephant would be in Afghan or Turkish or ?. First thing that popped up was Lord Ganesha, the elephant headed God of the Hindu's etc. So I looked to see if there is a female version and you guessed it, it is Ganeshini (or Vinayaki which I like too). So I thought there it is, my secret bellydance name! If a elephant headed man or woman can be so strong, forgiving, etc. so I can (of myself...of others).

I had been making an anklet with Indian bells on it and had found an elephant charm to add to it a couple weeks ago. So it will be official, in my own mind anyway ;).


Shhhh, don't tell anyone ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment