Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Rest of Saturday

After finding out the clinic wasn't going to happen I went to the city to get some stuff for cows and now had three hours to just do whatever.  I went to the bookstore where I finally found a copy of Sheep! magazine.  I haven't been able to find one and am thinking of getting some to raise.  I have a book on them just to read up on what is all required.  I have had sheep before but they were just "pets" given to me after our neighbor died.  There is a lot more to sheep than just going hiking with them, esp. if one wants to sell a few.

I then went to the SVdP (St. Vincent de Paul) which is a pretty good one for the most part.  This town is a big hospital town and you'd think there would be some money but not really.  It always surprises me that there is no craft store or decent shopping in this town.  This is the same town that the Fashion Bug closed in and the mall is so empty it is mostly used for walking.  Anyhoo, the SVdP sometimes coughs up some good stuff.  I went and found little to nothing but decided to dig through the plus size clothes to see if there was any Lane Bryant.  I came across some black skirts, not LB but plus size.  I had been looking at some on eBay thinking it would go with my sweater set I bought for the wedding. So I tried three on, two sz 24 (no go) and a plus size brand, Size Appeal, that fit pretty darn good in a 20!  For $3.95 it came home with me. 

There is a dinner theater in EC that has a hilarious show on now about old Yoopers at a hunting cabin and I really want to go.  Tickets aren't cheap and if I spring for them I'd like to actually dress up.  And use that sweater set I spent so much money on! ($80!).  And wear my LB undies, LOL.  God they are PRICEY but I really like them over the granny panties :).  I know, TMI.  Anyway, so now I have an outfit.  Just need shoes and hose (yuck!!!).

I'm sick of living a dowdy farmers wife life!!!!

Well lo and behold, I get home and husband suggests a "date"!  WTH?  He hasn't done that since we got married 22 years ago!!  If we went anywhere it was because I set it up and told him he was going, ignoring the questions like "where is it?"  "what does it cost?".  Um, it is going to cost you your marriage if things don't change.  And I learned to just do stuff on my own and leave him home. 

So he suggests dinner and a movie.  I said what movie?  I don't keep up with movies, I hardly watch television even, LOL.  So I asked the kids.  They suggested one which wasn't playing at any theaters in EC.  So we sorta' eeny meeny miny moed our way into to "Limitless".  10 pm!  Ugh!  So we had to find a place to spend an hour as the mall closes at 9pm so we went to the bookstore and I read a book in a corner getting evil ideas on photo projects.

By the time we got home it was after one.  But we don't know the schedules of things anymore because we don't do these types of things.  Old farts we are, LOL.

For a spur of the moment thing it was fun.  We ate at a typical Wisconsin Man restraunt, "Heckels Big Steer" which we have never been at.  Not a lot of choice for diet (typical tuna or cottage cheese plate like you saw in the 70's) so I enjoyed the special and felt a little guilty doing so.  The veggies with it were chives on the mashed potatoes, ha!  Oh well.  I told him next time let's plan this a little better and go to the Norske Nook which we have never been to either but I have been wanting to try for 16 years.  And I want all my extra points for that one so I can enjoy guilt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment