Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Running Clinic

Today I made the 45 minute drive to the place I take my bellydance class at.  It was for the running clinic that was scheduled for the whole day, four seperate subjects.  As I pulled in there on their outdoor sign was information about the all day running clinic.  I was excited!

I go to the desk to sign up for the middle two clinics.  The girl looked at me like I was lost.  I told her you know, the all day running clinic.  Flashes of  "oh no I screwed up" going through my brain.  I said "you know, it is on your sign."

She says she thinks that is every Saturday.  Well could be but I was here for this Saturday.  She gets out a flyer and says she thinks it was canceled.  She calls the woman who was doing three of the clinics and sure enough, the limit wasn't filled (4) so it was canceled.  I said there was nothing in there that said to RSVP.  She says the next one is NEXT SPRING!

To say I was a little miffed is an understatement.  I mean, if you need at least four people then put in there to call to acknowledge you were coming.  I don't know that area real well and after the 40+ people who showed up to cram the back room for the bellydance thing I figured a lot of people would come to this too.  It is near a couple bigger cities.

I feel like writing them a letter saying I was very disappointed.  This would have been perfect for someone like me who wants to run but isn't there yet.  What better way to start than to have someone who has been there done that give you ideas, advice etc.?  It was a huge disappointment although after seeing how other  things are run there I shouldn't be surprised. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is stinky! I think you should write a letter on complaint for sure!

    ReplyDelete