Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Fling 6/2

Race finish shot

No, I didn't melt while doing the race nor are your eyes going on you.  This is the only shot of me that turned out.  It was so dark and gloomy (but 50's!) that all my shots ended up super dark or blurry.  So when I had time I fuddled around with the camera and took my photo in a truck's mirror that happened to be parked there.

What a great race!  Perfect day, gray but no rain, no wind.  Some were saying they wish there was sun but I said no, better this way because it would heat up quick and be too warm for what we are used to.

I even RAN for about 30 seconds!  NO LIE!!  Too early, next time I'll save it for my finishline shot but still, I was so proud of myself!  And I wasn't LAST!  Grandma with grandchild and lady with dog were behind me!  LOL.  Hey, I'll take it where I can get it.

About 1/3 through I was plenty warmed up, could feel my feet adjust and I felt damn good.  No foot pain at all.  Still none tonight.  Whoot!  Maybe I found my solution for now!

I really felt good and had fun.  I was working at it though.  But this past week's worth of walking and biking I can tell made a difference in my endurance.  Now if only I could kick the asthma.  It kicked up about 1/3 way through but by the last 1/4 or so it calmed down.

My time for 2 miles was 33.03.03.

2 comments: